write about a specific event in your life that will engage readers, and that will, at the same time, help them to understand the importance of the message you are relating, or, argument you are making.
- A well-defined message or argument that uses the Narrative mode to demonstrate its meaning
- A clear and specific, singular event
- Vivid language that works to recreate the event, including descriptions of where the event took place, the people who were involved, and the things these people said and did
- A stated or implied reason why this event is still personally significant and why it also holds value for others
In addition to the above, the final draft of your essay should be:
- From 500 to 750 words in length, typed in Times New Roman 12pt. font, double-spaced, with one-inch margins.
- Include citations as needed and write in first person
- Edited for spelling, mechanical, grammatical, and typing errors