Here’s how you should approach completing this week’s assignment to begin critiquing an article:
1. First, do your assigned reading in Grove & Gray (2019) and complete the reading worksheets early in the week. This will introduce you to the critique skills you will need for the week.
2. Skim the entire instructor assigned research article that has been posted in Module One for you so that you will have an idea of what it is about. Lightly cross out the abstract for the article (you won’t be using it). Then, for this week, re-read carefully the article from the methods section through the end of the article.
3. Print the Research Article Critique, Part Two and find the best answer to each question based on your assigned reading for the week and on what you have read in the instructor assigned research article.
4. Some of the questions in the critique assignment below will seem unfamiliar to you. Look up key terms from the question in your textbook. Some examples of these terms might be: problem statements, hypotheses, or variables. You can also look in Chapter 12 for an example of a critical appraisal (or critique) of a quantitative research article.
5. Once you have completed this assignment “on paper”, enter your answers by the assignment due date and time listed in the syllabus. Ignore any wording that indicates that “this is a test” and carefully enter your answers from this document.