Length: 1-2 pages
Due: Sunday, July 10th
Value: 120 Points for 12% of the total points
Format: Upload in the Blackboard Assignment Submission by Sunday of Week 2
Background: This course emphasizes leveraging diverse resources to implement innovative strategies in a business setting. This assignment will focus on the firm’s most valuable asset – the workforce (employees). This exercise will review data, analysis, and research regarding the outcomes of maintaining a diverse workforce. Utilizing the course-provided report, along with exploring additional references, information and data will present the culture of diverse employees, backgrounds, and ideas that can lead to innovative profit-maximizing strategies (CLO#2, CLO#3).
- Read the publicly available report by McKinsey & Company “Diversity wins: How inclusion matters” (located in Week 2: Assignments in Blackboard). An overview of this report is available at: https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/diversity-and-inclusion/diversity-wins-how-inclusion-matters
- Find two additional references that focus on outcomes of retaining diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The references should be business-oriented, targeting an academic or professional audience. Examples include the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Business Insider, Forbes, etc.
- Create an infographic, providing data and information regarding maximizing firm’s profits through building/maintaining a diverse workforce. You may want to review what an infographic is and the purpose:
· What Makes an Effective Infographic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl9ZcfKt8sY
· How to Make an Infographic in 5 Steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQXf_d5Mgjg
Some resources for creating the infographic include:
– Piktochart – https://piktochart.com/
– Canva – https://www.canva.com/
– Infogram – https://infogram.com/
– Google Charts (Powerpoint)
Deliverable: Upload the infographic you created. Provide a 1-2 page paper that describes the infographic. Provide an introduction, and a brief overview (body) that describes what data is provided. Finally, provide a conclusion that summarizes your findings from the available data. Please remember to use APA format and cite references.